- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Why is the City of Bayswater engaging online?
Traditional community consultation usually involves attending 'town hall' meetings or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. However, Engage Bayswater gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
How can I comment in the online consultation?
If you have not previously participated, simply click on the 'register' button at the top right hand corner of the page. When prompted, create a screen name and a password of your choice. You will also be asked to provide a valid email address, your age, gender and the location in which you live.
Please note, your comments will appear under your screen name, allowing you to comment anonymously if you'd prefer.
If you have previously participated, click on the 'sign in' button located on the right hand side of the top tool bar and sign in with your screen name and password.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and the City of Bayswater will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any others purpose. You may like to review our privacy statement.
How is the site moderated?
All public comments or questions on the site are moderated twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants or are significantly off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent of the City of Bayswater. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious. In this case, the comment will be removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment will be advised by email. Please refer to the moderation guidelines .