Meltham Surrounds Community Workshop - Monday 11 March
Thanks to the community members who attended the Meltham Surrounds community workshop on Monday night and shared their thoughts, ideas and aspirations for the built environment in the area surrounding Meltham Station.
It was an interesting and diversified conversation, with some of the community’s discussion covering:
- Encouraging more environmental and sustainable design.
- Traffic issues that already exist in the area, particualry on Railway Parade, Whatley Crescent and Grand Prominade, and how this will likely increase with more people living in the area.
- Parking is already an issue and if there were more people living in the area it will further increase the amount of cars parked on the street.
- The opportunities to go up to 3-4 storeys around public open space, but ensure the public open space is upgraded in return, and ask the community how they want to use it, e.g. make it safer.
- The Watercorp drainage area could be re-purposed into a park.
- More housing would be ok, if it would mean local shops and services within walking distance would be viable.
If you were unable to attend on Monday, you can register for the upcoming workshop on Saturday 23 March at Bayswater Drill Hall from 2pm to 4pm.